Download the most common website mistakes + tips on how you can avoid them.
Have you ever shared a page or post from your website you’re super excited about only to find that Facebook pulls the most random (unrelated) image next to your link?
Here are the steps to take to make sure all of your images match your page and posts… and what to do to fix ones that aren’t:
Step 1: Update the image.
- Log in to your WordPress site
- Open Page or Post
- Click Add Featured Image
- Select Appropriate Image (or upload new image)
- Click Update
- An Alternative Step 1: Install the Yoast SEO plugin
- Under the WordPress Page or Post go to the Yoast SEO section
- Click the Social icon and upload a custom Facebook image that will be shared with your page or post
- If desired you can also update the Title and Description
- Yoast SEO works great for Twitter, too!
Step 2: Clear the old images.
- Go to Facebook’s Debugger https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/
- Enter the URL of the Page or Post you just updated. Click the Debug button.
- Note! If the image is not reflected correctly click the Scrape button under the When and how we last scraped the URL section.
Presto! Now every time you share that link on Facebook you’ll have the appropriate image next to your link.