Mini-Audits to Declutter Your Website + Polish Your Digital Presence
These mini-audits will help simplify your website and ensure your website visitors stick around longer… and as a result, take purposeful action.
Mini-Audit Checklist: Your Strategy
- Call-to-actions — Are you guiding your visitors to take action? Does your overall website serve your main call-to-action goal? Does each page serve its own call-to-action goal?
- Connecting — Is it easy to contact you? Is it easy for visitors to opt into your email list to stay connected?
- Copy — Is your web copy precise and clear? Have you kept things simple and to the point?
Mini-Audit Checklist: Your Design
- Fonts — Are your fonts clean and clear? Are they easy to read? Is the size large (or small) enough? Are you keeping it simple with just 1-2 styles?
- Images — Are all of your images consistent? Do they all blend well with one another? If you’re using stock photos, are you customizing them in some way?
- Headshots & Images of Self — Are your headshots up to date and look like the real you? Are they professional but still with a personality?
- Colors — Are the colors your using ‘on’ brand? Are they appropriately balanced? Do they make your visitors feel the way you’re intending?
- White Space — Does your site use enough white space?
- Consistency — Is there consistency in the styling of one page to another? For example, are all of your blog posts laid out in a similar manner? If someone visits your social media profiles, will it feel consistent with your website?
Mini-Audit Checklist: User Experience
- Navigation Menu — Are you keeping the page titles simple? Could a 3rd grader easily get to where they needed to go on your site?
- Links — Are all your buttons and links working? Are all links that lead away from your site opening up in a new tab?
- Speed — Is your site loading quickly on all browsers? Are images loading quickly?
- Responsiveness — Is your site mobile friendly? Is everything legible and clean on all sized browsers?
- Getting in Touch – Is it clear how to get in touch with you? How can your visitors contact you?
Mini-Audit Checklist: Behind-the-Scenes
- Backups — Have you been maintaining an off-site backup of your full website?
- Updates — Have you been making the suggested updates to any tools tied to your site, i.e. plugins, databases, themes?
- SEO — Have you been optimizing each new post and/or page added with on-brand keywords?
Bookmark this page and refer back to it annually to keep your digital home fresh, strategic and polished. I originally created these mini-audit checklists to inspire simplicity across the web but even more so hope it helps empower online entrepreneurs to take back the reins to their website.
Share this post with your audience:
Hi! I'm Katie. I'm a web designer + digital strategist for industry-leading service providers. Using a strategy-first approach, my passion is helping service-based businesses get an online home they’re proud to show off while strategically supporting their business goals.