These mini-audits will help simplify your website and ensure your website visitors stick around longer… and as a result, take purposeful action.
Mini-Audit Checklist: Your Strategy
- Call-to-actions — Are you guiding your visitors to take action? Does your overall website serve your main call-to-action goal? Does each page serve it’s own call-to-action goal?
- Connecting — Is it easy to contact you? Is it easy for visitors to opt into your email list to stay connected?
- Copy — Is your web copy precise and clear? Have you kept things simple and to the point?
Mini-Audit Checklist: Your Design
- Fonts — Are your fonts clean and clear? Are they easy to read? Is the size large (or small) enough? Are you keeping it simple with just 1-2 styles?
- Images — Are all of your images consistent? Do they all blend well with one another? If you’re using stock photos, are you customizing them in some way?
- Headshots & Images of Self — Are your headshots up to date and look like the real you? Are they professional but still with a personality?
- Colors — Are the colors your using ‘on’ brand? Are they appropriately balanced? Do they make your visitors feel the way you’re intending?
- White Space — Does your site use enough white space?
- Consistency — Is there consistency in the styling of one page to another? For example, are all of your blog posts laid out in a similar manner? If someone visits your social media profiles, will it feel consistent with your website?
Mini-Audit Checklist: User Experience
- Navigation Menu — Are you keeping the page titles simple? Could a 3rd grader easily get to where they needed to go on your site?
- Links — Are all your buttons and links working? Are all links that lead away from your site opening up in a new tab?
- Speed — Is your site loading quickly on all browsers? Are images loading quickly?
- Responsiveness — Is your site mobile friendly? Is everything legible and clean on all sized browsers?
- Getting in Touch – Is it clear how to get in touch with you? How can your visitors contact you?