A WordPress Site Review for Tara Bosler at www.tboslerwriting.com.
What I Love & Great Takeaways:
- Site states very clearly what you provide.
- Copy on home page is targeted.
- Great side bar on blog page to view other content which offers options to retain viewers attention.
Suggestions for Improvement:
- Top header logo could be improved. Hiring a designer to create a custom header is recommended.
- Move social media icons to footer area to avoid the visitor getting pulled away from your sites content.
- Menu bar requires uniform spacing.
- Increase the “white space” between the header and body area to provide more visual space.
- Side bar area could be eliminated. (Home page to be full width, or move your head shot to be beside the copy.)
- Blog articles could be a little more targeted as it is not clear exactly what you offer.
- On your blog articles remove the grey background and keep it white.
- Add more direct CTA’s (call to actions) on how people can connect/hire you.
- Possibly offer an opt-in to grow your list and provide value to visitors.
- On your “hire me” section, add some copy as to why they should hire you or what they can expect.